Modern Java – Learn Java 8 features by coding it
What you’ll learn
Learn Functional programming in Java
Complete understanding of Lambdas, Streams , Optional via code.
Students will be able to implement the new Java 8 concepts in real time
Learn to build complex Streams Pipeline.
Learn the new Date/Time Libraries in Java 8
Learn to use Method Reference , Constructor reference syntax.
Learn and understand Parallel Programming with the Streams.
Student will be able to upgrade their Java knowledge with the new Functional Features.
This course will be continuously updated.
Learn the new Java 8 Features by coding it. This is a pure coding course and you will get a complete understanding of all the Java 8 features by coding it.
Why Should I take this course ?
- This course will help the Java developers to build their knowledge on the new Java 8 features.
- All the new features such as Lambdas, Streams , Optionals, Functional Interfaces and Parallel Programming will be explained via code.
- This course will give you the confidence on implementing new Java 8 features in real Java projects.
- By the end of this course you will have a complete understanding of new Java 8 functional features.
Course Overview :
Section 1 – Getting Started:
- This section explains about what will be covered in this course.
Section 2 – Why Java-8 ?:
- This section covers Why Java 8 is important?.
- This section explains about difference between Imperative Programming and Declarative Programming.
Section 3 – WorkSpace Setup – Mac/Windows:
- This section covers the installation of Java and IntelliJ in Mac and Windows.
Section 4: Introduction to Lambda
- This section covers the Why Lambda is needed , Lambdas Syntax and How to implement Lambdas ?
- Implement the Runnable interface using Lambdas.
- Implement the Comparator interface using Lambdas.
Section 5: Lambdas and Functional Interfaces
- This section covers the new Functional Interfaces that got introduced as part of Java 8.
- Consumer Functional Interface
- Predicate Functional Interface
- Function Functional Interface
- Supplier Functional Interface.
Section 6 : Constructor and Method References
- This section covers the new Method Reference and the Constructor Reference.
- How Method Reference simplifies the code.
- How to use Method reference along with Lambdas.
- How to use Constructor Reference to create new objects.
Section 7 : Lambdas and Local variables ( Effectively Final )
- This section covers the local variable and how it should used in Lambdas.
- Definition of Effectively Final scope of a variable.
Section 8 : Streams API
- This section covers the Streams API which is one of the important feature that got introduced as part of Java8.
- How the Stream API Works Internally ?
- How Collections are different from Streams ?
- How to debug a Stream ?
Section 9 : Streams API Operations
- This section covers different Streams API operations that can be used in Streams to achieve an objective.
- Streams Operations such as :
- Map, Filter and Reduce pattern.
- allMatch(), anyMatch() and noneMatch()
- findAny() and findFirst()
- Explanation of Stream operations that are Short Circuit operations.
Section 10 : Streams API – Factory Methods
- This section covers different Streams API factory method that can be used to create Streams.
Section 11: Numeric Streams
- This section covers the Introduction to Numeric Streams which can be used to perform some numeric related operations.
Section 12: Terminal Operations Streams
- This section covers different way to collect the data from the Streams Pipeline.
- Terminal Operations such as :
- max(), min()
Section 12: Streams API – Parallel Processing
- This section covers how to perform the Parallel processing using Streams.
- How Parallel Programming makes use of the processors in your machine to perform concurrency operations?
- How Parallel Programming works internally ?
- How to check the performance between the sequential and parallel programming ?
- Scenarios when not to use parallel programming.
Section 12: Optional
- This section covers What is Optional and the benefits of Optional.
- How Optional can help you avoid Null Pointer exception.
- Exploring the different operations that are part of Optional such as :
Section 12: New Date/Time Libraries
- This section covers new Date/Time Libraries such as LocalDate, LocalTime, LocalDateTime.
- How to create/edit the LocalDate,LocalTime and LocalDateTime instances using different approaches.
- How to find the difference between the LocalDate, LocalTime and LocalDateTime using Period, Duration.
- How to represent the time in the Machine Readable Format using Instant.
- How to use the TimeZone using the ZonedDateTime.
- How to Format the Date using the DateTimeFormatter.
By the end of this course you will have a complete understanding of all the Java 8 features and implement it in real Java projects.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone willing to learn the new Java Features like Lambdas, Streams, Parallel Programming, New Data Time Libraries and etc.,
- Java developers who would like to take their knowledge to the next level to write more concise and readable code
12 reviews for Modern Java – Learn Java 8 features by coding it